Top 5 things to do on a rainy day
Feeling motivated to do something, but the weather is not looking great? Here are some places to visit on a rainy day in Waterford County!
Top Five for Rainy Days
- Tour the Viking Triangle – take an educational and fun tour of the Viking Triangle. Reginald’s Tower is a landmark monument and Ireland’s oldest civic building. The first tower on the site was built by the Vikings after 914AD and was rebuilt by the Anglo Normans in the 12th Today, Reginald’s Tower houses a fascinating exhibition on Viking Waterford or you can step inside Georgian Waterford at the Bishop’s Palace or immerse yourself in medieval times at Waterford’s Medieval Museum. Waterford Treasures is composed of three spectacular and insightful museums that bring the colourful and fascinating 1,000-year-old history of Waterford to life.
Find out more at www.waterfordtreasures.com
- House of Waterford Crystal – Situated in the heart of the Viking Triangle, tours of Waterford Crystal factory allow you to get close enough to see the intricate skill that goes into fashioning one of the world’s most recognised brands. Get a unique behind the scenes insight into how master craftsmen and women create an iconic brand. Nothing compares with the atmosphere of the blowing room, the heady mix of heat, noise and bustling activity makes this experience all the more breath-taking as you edge closer to the 1400c furnace.
Find out more at www.waterfordvisitorcentre.com
- Get a glimpse inside the 12th century Lismore Castle with the Lismore Castle Virtual Reality Experience. Witness the breath-taking views as you fly over Lismore Castle and the dramatic Blackwater River and see the rooms that Fred Astaire danced around within the Castle. Homes to Robert Boyle, Father of Modern Chemistry will lead you on a tour of Lismore Castle and introduce you to the people who lived there in the past.
Find out more at www.discoverlismore.com
- While Waterford has over 100km of coast if you fancy something a little balmier and a place to dry off after your dip, Splashworld Complex provides a balmy, relaxing aqua experience. This quality leisure centre is home to many state of the art slides and water features, including a wild and wonderful wave machine, indoor / outdoor water slide, bubble pool, baby pool, water cannon, roaring rapids, splash slide and geysers.
Find out more at www.splashworld.ie
- What better way to get to really know your family and friends than with a collective effort to escape from a locked room! The Great Escape is an interactive adventure game that requires logice, planning and problem-solving skills for groups of 2 – 7. Solve the puzzles using the clues and escape the room within 60 minutes! Choose from the Cluedo, Game of Thrones, Prison Break or Madness or a Brilliant Mind rooms and test your mental mettle.
Find out more at www.greatescapewaterford.ie
For further information about the what to do, see and experience in Waterford, check our amazing list of all the things to do!